For all those wondering what this award is about....It's a platform created for new bloggers to get to know each other a little bit better, and also, if you're like me, opens you up to discover new blogs too!
- Have 200 or less followers
- No tag backs
- You have to choose 10 bloggers to tag, and answer the question set by the blogger that tagged you.
- Set 10 questions for those bloggers to answer
- Let the nominees know of their award
1. What is your favourite holiday destination?
Being a mom of 3 I'd say anywhere...on earth....that's away from all the chaos would be an ideal destination! Of all the holidays I've been on, I'd say the Mediterranean cruise we went on last year was definitely one of the most child friendly trips.
2. Do you have a bucket list? If so, name one thing on your bucket list.
I don't have an official bucket list, but my husband and I are in agreement that we want to travel, see the world and experience different cultures.
3.What is one thing in your handbag you can't leave home without? (besides the cell phone and wallet)
Definitely my lip tints in berry and nude from Bloom (my son opened my bag and says till slips!!)
4.What inspired you to start blogging?
I've always had a passion for writing. I find it very therapeutic. My sisters inspired me to take my writing from journaling, to blogging, and that's how my blog was born... and I'm loving it!
5.Would you leave home without make-up?
I leave home without make-up all the time! And my mother moans about my untidy hair! I'm very low maintenance; but I do make an effort on weekends, date nights and special occasions.
6.What is your all time favourite movie?
My husband has a movie addiction, which means we go through A LOT of movies in a year, so it's really hard to choose one in particular. A movie I always enjoy, perhaps because it's the memory of laughing solo in the movie theatre with my baby sister is, Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion. And if I had to choose a movie for 2013, it would be Flight, because I really loved the underlying message.
7.What do you do to relax before bedtime?
60% of the time I fall unconscious with the kids... the rest of the time, I watch some t.v with hubby (C.S.I fans), my son says BBM skinner with my mom and sister ;-)
8. Who is your hottie crush?
Bruce Willis (I have a thing for bald guys)...and Chris Hemsworth ( did u seem him in Rush!? And Thor...#drool)...and that guy on the poster at the Woolworths meat counter ;-)
9. Your favourite item in your closet at the moment?
Definitely my boyfriend jeans!....and my wedge heels!!
10. What is your favourite animal?
Cats! They're cute, cuddly, quiet, and basically see to themselves! Best pets ever!
And now for Leana's questions...
1. If you could switch lives with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be and why?
Probably one of the Kardashian sisters....someone to do my hair and make up on a daily basis, unlimited clothing, and my own reality show! Would really like to see what that's like...but only for like, a day!
2. Tell me about your favourite pet.
My daughter loves animals, and if she could have her way we would live on a farm full of animals. We opted for a cat called Figgy ....see question 10 above.
3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go - money isn't an issue.
For an island getaway, Maldives...and the cities New York and Paris, one of which must be in Winter.
4. When you run into an ex, what do you do?
I married my first love! *sigh*..but I do have many embarrassing crushes...hi..bye...duck ...wave...keep head down low and walk away fast!
5. What is your favourite fragrance?
Narcisso Rodrigues (The pink bottle), and Bulgari when I want a more intense fragrance.
6. Little black dress or red lipstick?
Definitely the black dress!
7. If the Backstreet Boys were the only guys alive, who would you marry?
LOL! Are you serious!? Howie...but only cos my sister always said he reminded her of my husband in his heyday!
8. Vampires or Werewolves?
I don't do skinny pale boys! Team Jacob :-)
9. What do you look for in a friend? Elaborate
Quite simply, someone who has my best interest at heart...and won't stab me in the back or the heart. I can laugh with my enemies, but my best friend must be loyal, because that's what they're getting from me.
10. What is your best colds and flus remedy?
Drugs? Iliadin spray works wonders for a blocked nose. And if all else fails...my Dad's get well treat; custard doughnuts and guava juice. Seriously, it always makes me feel better!
That was fun! Now for my Nominees:
Lauren from Cool Kids Only
Shaheeda from Style by Shaheeda
Aneesa from The Glam Locket
July from July Writes
Raeesa from Everything Under the Sun
Johlet from Our Journey to Everywhere
Rashida from RashiedaUncut
Sugar 'N Threads
Nastassha from My Life as Nas
Verushka from Spicegoddess
And my questions for you are....
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What is your favourite book?
- Best childhood memory...
- What is your ideal holiday destination?
- Your favourite t.v programme is...
- What is your most favourite blog post that you have written?
- Horror? Comedy? Action? Thriller? Romcom?
- What is your favourite thing to blog about?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What is your favourite fragrance?
Looking forward to hearing everyone's answers...
Thanks for taking the time to read today,