me Life and Times of the Fireflies: Recipe - Chocolate Brownie Cookies

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Recipe - Chocolate Brownie Cookies


Ever since I took my first fateful bite into this cookie at the Hey Gorgeous High Tea a few months back, I knew I had to covet this recipe - or at least something close to it!! Crispy cookie on the outside and fudgy, gooey, brownie goodness on the inside; it's a combination of the best of both worlds and has the ability to lure in even the die-hard anti sugar crowd ( ha ha )!
 
Thanks to Pinterest (and Moon's nifty investigative skills) my search is over. The mystery of the cookie recipe, solved! The secret, out of the box...literally! I'm not even joking. And the best part is that they are super easy to make. If you are aboard any wagon headed in the direction of healthy eating, I suggest you make a brief stop, have a cookie or two, climb back on and continue ahead....You can thank me later ;-)

 
 
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 Box Chocolate Cake mix (I used Woolworths )
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 packet instant coffee dissolved in 2 Tblsp water ( I used a few tsp regular instant coffee)
  • 1 Tblsp oil
  • 1 1/2 cups choc chips
  • 1 1/2 cups white choc chips

METHOD
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
  2. Beat butter till smooth. Add egg and beat until combined. Add coffee and oil and beat until combined.
  3. Add cake mixture in batches and beat slowly after each addition until combined.
  4. Stir in chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. Roll into balls and place onto a baking sheet  a few inches apart.
  5. Bake for 7-10 minutes, until tops are just set and cracks have begun to form and the cookies are flattened. Cookies will be slightly wobbly on exit, but will harden after a few minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE!! Cookies will become rock hard.
  6. Invite a few friends and enjoy!
 
 



 
FOOD STYLING AND PHOTOGRAPHY BY : AMINA EBRAHIM
 
 
Happy Baking!
 
Peace,
 
NAMU :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment