me Life and Times of the Fireflies: A Message for my Mother

Sunday 12 May 2013

A Message for my Mother


I wanted you to know how much you mean to me, but just this once it seems my words can't do justice...

I don't think I realised all you have done until the day I became a mother too, and I often wonder as I'm sure you do too, if my kids will ever know how much they mean to me... Today, mom, I wonder if you know what YOU mean to ME!

I know I'm not the perfect daughter, often making mistakes too,
But I wouldn't be half the person I am today,
Without a push and shove from you

I know that over the years I've grown big and tall,
But in my heart of hearts I'll always be your little girl

Today I run my own home, mother to my own brood,
But never have I felt more at home, than in my mother’s room

My cooking may sometimes be different or a little better too...
But nothing tastes yummier to me,
Than when it's coming from you

I take comfort in your voice and our many chats,
I know each day I can do that still
Is a blessing to the max
You laugh you scold, and guide and play
And I'm grateful I still have you
Each and every day

Today I'm a mother too,
Helped along largely by you...
There are certain things I could never be
If you weren't there to see

When I look in the mirror these days,
It seems like you're staring back
And I hope I resemble you indeed
In more ways than that

I hope to be the mother to my kids
That you have been to me,
And all that I do for you,
Is in the hope, that someday when I'm old and grey,
My kids would do it for me too

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment