me Life and Times of the Fireflies: Flop- Proof Cupcakes

Friday 4 September 2015

Flop- Proof Cupcakes

I was almost certain that this was the year I was going to bake my sister her much anticipated Devil’s Food Cake for her birthday! Unfortunately, due to kids’ schedules and time constraints, this was not possible.  All was not lost however, as I always have a back- up recipe at hand. Seeing as she is someone who loves all things chocolate, I opted for these super quick, super soft cupcakes.

Today I'm sharing my go-to cupcake recipe with you.  It is quick and easy to prepare and pretty much flop- proof making it the perfect recipe for beginners who wish to channel their inner Nigella Lawson without too much effort.  Even professionals who have mastered the skill of baking but simply do not have the time due so many other daily tasks they have to juggle will benefit from this.
 
YOU WILL NEED:
125gr butter/margarine (softened)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
4 tsp. baking powder
8 tsp. cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk

( For vanilla cupcake variation, replace cocoa powder with the same measurement of cake flour and add vanilla essence)

METHOD:
  • Pre- Heat oven to at 180 °C.
  • Combine all ingredients together and beat with electric beater for 3 min.
  • Line cupcake pan with paper cups
  • Fill 2/3 of the paper cup with cupcake mixture.
  • Bake  for 15-20 minutes.
  • You can decorate as desired, but I used butter icing on this occasion.

     


Enjoy!

NAMU :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment