me Life and Times of the Fireflies: My Truths - Voice of Silence

Wednesday 2 April 2014

My Truths - Voice of Silence

"When you lose touch with your inner stillness, you lose touch with yourself. When you lose touch with yourself, you lose yourself in the world."  Eckhart Tolle


Some days I have so much going on in my mind, where my thoughts crash like a violent storm in my head...those days it is easy to write...where the flow of words offers a resolve! But those are some days and they are also becoming increasingly rare. Most days fly by with me barely catching my breathe...busy, but rather uneventful. A comforting, calm, chaos. Satisfying and contented. But contentment doesn't make for a very good story...
 
When I look back at my journey so far, I remember a time when all I wanted was silence! Where my goal was to silence out the drum beat of others and find my own sound...my own voice. Where all I longed for was the calmness of my own thoughts...what I wanted most of all was to gain control of my mind... Stillness!

 Through that search I have learnt and discovered so many valuable lessons that have made me wiser and  I am grateful for the calm that has settled in it's wake. But life is a field of endless discovery and I know my life lessons are far from over. Life is full of little mysteries I guess...we always want what we don't have and don't know what to do with what we've got.
 
Sometimes we sit on the hills of contentment, basking in the glory of our small victories, thinking there is nothing left to learn...but the mountain to enlightenment is a much higher climb and there is always SOMETHING to learn. I know that our opportunities to learn and grow do not cease until our very last breathe, but I think I have become so accustomed to finding the lesson in the storm and perhaps I need to shift my mind set and start to find the lessons in the silence too!

I believe that everything we encounter is a step towards a much greater and meaningful path and existence...and if our troubles have led to this silence, then this silence can lead us to something far greater. My turmoil has led to me to this internal stillness...and even this stillness can speak if only I knew how to surrender to it and listen. I am sure this new awakening, this voice of silence, has much more to teach me and it is something I am eager to start to unravel and discover!
 
 
As always, thanks for reading!
 
Peace,
 
NAMU :)

No comments:

Post a Comment