me Life and Times of the Fireflies: Working Away The Winter Wobble

Monday 9 June 2014

Working Away The Winter Wobble

 
Since I first started this blog a little over a year ago, I have steadily put on weight and gained about 2.5 kilos in total. It might not sound like a lot, but on my short and stocky frame, it is quite noticeable! I attribute this to more time sitting in front of the computer...which includes coffee (and biscuits) for company and less time and dedication to my gym routine. I've still been going, but I have not been working out with the same vigour and determination as before which has ultimately resulted in my running times and distances starting to slack...as did the muscles in my abs, arms and thighs!

 Since Summer we have not gotten back to our weekly family cycles either. Instead, we have been eating out more, which means we have been consuming calories instead of burning them! A lot of time dedicated to writing has resulted in other aspects of my life suffering. More baking for posts, meant more indulging...It's small little things that have accumulated (around my waist) over time.

Now, I'm the first one to detest the skinny ideal...I'm okay with being a little rounder. But there comes a point for everyone when you start to feel uncomfortable. Where your clothes don't look, fit or feel...right! That's where I am now...and it has to STOP!

 
The first step towards change is realisation and acknowledgement I guess. It's the next few steps are slightly harder! I've already implemented some changes in my eating and starting to focus on bettering my workouts and can already see and feel a difference. Luckily for me, it is winter and I have the luxury of hiding under layers...but as the saying goes "SUMMER BODIES ARE MADE IN WINTER" and as much as it can quickly become the season of overindulgence, I'm trying to commit to it being a healthier season for me. 

Between parenting and making time for my own parents and siblings, blogging and writing, health and fitness... I'm trying to find a healthy balance between all things important to me and also the things I aim to do. It's a bit of a juggle at the moment, but so worth my time!!   

 
Thanks for reading today!
 
Peace,
 
NAMU :)

No comments:

Post a Comment