me Life and Times of the Fireflies: Recipe - Mango Mousse

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Recipe - Mango Mousse

There are certain scents, sounds and flavours that are synonymous with Summer! The smell of the ocean, the sound of the waves crashing against the shore and the exotic flavours of fresh tropical fruits....this is what perfect, lazy Summer days are made of.
 
Watermelon, pineapples and perfectly ripe mangoes are definitely tastes of Summer and goes hand in hand with any form of entertainment. Who needs dessert when nature has already provided the best there is to offer right!? Unless, of course, you combine nature with a few key ingredients to produce only the best Summer Mousse ever!!
 
This Summer has made me a little lazy and I am currently in a permanent mode of relaxation. The best part of this dessert is that it takes minimal effort, requires a few basic ingredients and produces a great end result! A refreshingly light textured mousse with a distinct Mango flavour makes this one of my 'go to' recipes during the lazy Summer season. It has me in and out of the kitchen in no time, which makes this recipe perfectly suited to my current mood...But don't take my word for it. Go on and try it!

 
 
Ingredients
  • 2 packets mango/orange flavoured jelly
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 1 cup mango puree ( I add a little extra)
  • 250ml fresh cream, whipped
*HINT: I prefer using the canned mango puree as I feel it is sweeter and richer in colour than if I make it myself. The canned puree is easily found in stores that stock Indian produce and the leftover puree can easily be frozen for later use...but if you are making your own puree, then remember, the riper the mango the better the mousse!
 
METHOD
  1. Dissolve the jelly in 2 cups of boiling water and allow to cool.
  2. Add mango puree and stir.
  3. Fold in the whipped cream until combined and pour into desired bowl.
  4. Refrigerate till set and voila...your Mango Mousse is ready to enjoy!

 
 

 
 
 Photographs and Food Styling by: Amina Ebrahim
Mirror Tray: Mr Price Home
Shot Glasses: @Home
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Peace,
 
NAMU :)
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment