me Life and Times of the Fireflies: Maxi Shirt Dress

Thursday 30 June 2016

Maxi Shirt Dress



It's no secret that I love maxi dresses! Not only does it hide a multitude of flaws; it's also one of those wardrobe staples that has one looking a bit more put together without much of an effort. Maxi dresses, for me, has always been an item of clothing  traditionally reserved for the Summer season, but I'm loving how one can basically wear anything any time of the year these days! With just a few simple additions, our wardrobe has the ability to transcend through the seasons. Having clothing that you can wear throughout the year, or at least can be adjusted through the seasons, is definitely a money saver and makes the decision of investing in an item of clothing a little bit easier to do knowing that you will get good wear out of it!

 

Which brings me to this Maxi Shirt Dress, a ZARA piece I picked up a few months ago. When I saw it, I knew I had to have it, but was so two-minded about paying the price. But the more I thought about the multitude of ways I could wear it, it was as if the heavens opened and up from above and told me that it was really equivalent to buying seven items of clothing in one go!


Buttoned up, it can be worn as a traditional maxi dress. With it's flowing fabric and small slit at the end, it has a very whimsical, modest and bohemian feel and a perfect Autumn and Spring outfit. Add a pretty sandal and you're good to go. By adding opaque tights, boots and a leather jacket as I have done, this dress has you ready for Winter! Gosh, one could even unbutton it partially and pair it with jeans! Heels, flats, sandals, pumps and even boots and a fedora. There's no one way to wear it...and quite frankly, I plan on wearing it every single way I can!

P.S.  Don't forget to enter our photo shoot  Giveaway. See here for details!




















OUTFIT   DETAILS
 
Dress : Zara
 
Leather Jacket : Forever New
 
Boots : Edgars
 
Photographs : 2Cherries Photography











No comments:

Post a Comment