me Life and Times of the Fireflies: Turning 40!

Thursday 25 December 2014

Turning 40!


I love stories of beginnings... and even though I was not part of your beginnings, I like the story anyway. For that was the beginning of your journey, a journey that would one day lead to me, lead to now... I think stories of beginnings are very significant of who we are and that's what makes me very sentimental about yours!

I don't think it's coincidence that your first breathes and the early morning rays arrived simultaneously. Your presence to me is exactly like the warmth of the rays embracing the dark sky, your personality exactly like the sunrise! Your smile and laughter and witty sense of humour, your wisdom and positive outlook on life, your overall positive energy and demeanour makes me feel like I'm basking in a constant dawn!
 
As a young girl, I always had a vision of what my Prince Charming would look and be like. My naivety had an unrealistic destiny mapped out with someone who only ever came to life in my imagination. Needless to say, I was unprepared for love when I met you and I was even less prepared for real life. But falling in love with you came easy, almost automatic. As if my soul knew that in you I had met my destiny. I had no idea what our forever would look like, all I knew was that I wanted to spend my forever with you.
 



And now, here you are already at 40! They say "Life begins at 40" but we've been celebrating life together since we met! Every moment with you has been an adventure. From young love, to becoming parents, to our own personal successes. 40 is just another milestone we are seeing in together and I couldn't be more proud to be standing by your side. I couldn't be more proud to be the mother of your kids...or more proud of the magical bond you have with our children. In a future that is so uncertain, I choose to celebrate not just this moment...but every single moment with you!
 
Fate and Destiny have taken us down a winding road together and I have loved you each step of the way. I have loved you since I was 17. Blindly. Madly. Unconditionally.  I have loved you through my tumultuous twenties while discovering the wonders of Motherhood and the mysteries of real life. I have loved you through heartache and disappointment... and even on my darkest days, when my world felt like it was crumbling around me! And I love you still now, in my thirties. A calm, quiet kind of love. A dependable love. An independent kind of love that thrives on our individuality. And I will love you till my 40's, 50's....forever.

 
Happy 40th  Birthday my Beloved!
 
Forever & Always,
 
NAMU :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment